*This article is about super absorbent polymer for plants, potassium polyacrylate, Ag-SAP, water retaining agent.
Super absorbent polymer (SAP)
- Super absorbent polymer is a powerful water absorption material.
- One-gram SAP can absorb hundreds grams’ water.
- After absorbing, powder form SAP come into gel form.
Types of SAP (by usages)
SAP for Plants (Ag-SAP)
Just like a mini-reservoir, Ag-SAP can keep retaining & releasing water for plants.
SAP for Hygiene product
As a powerful absorption material, SAP is widely used in producing diapers, sanitary towel, nursing pad, etc.
SAP for Industry production
With strong modified potential, SAP can be used in everywhere of production.
- As a thermal insulation material: ice bags, ice towel, ice pillow, etc.
- As a water blocking material: inflatable sandbags, waterproof for cable, etc.
- As an expanding material: inflatable toy, inflatable rubber, etc.
- As a moisture insulating material: concrete protection.
- And so on. . .
Super absorbent polymer for plants
Ag-SAP, can increase the water holding capacity of soil by absorbing & releasing water in soil.
Tips about super absorbent polymer for plants (Ag-SAP):
- Ag-SAP’s main component is potassium polyacrylate (not sodium polyacrylate);
- Ag-SAP’s valid period should be last for months;
- Ag-SAP would be resolved into potassium, urea, water, and carbon dioxide.
- water side, it can absorb and store water for plants – like a mini-reservoir.
- soil side, it can
- improve the retention of soil and water;
- keep soil warm (as water’s high heat capacity);
- loosen the soil (ag-sap’s going to swell while absorbing).
- fertilizer side, it
- contains potassium;
- can release the fertilizer efficiency slowly.
To increase crops and fruit yield (increased 70% for melon planting in California).
To improve seed germination & emergence rate.
Gardening, horticulture, landscape, lawn and golf course
To reduce the water frequency.
To increase the survival rate.
How to choose super absorbent polymer for plants
|Class||Main ingredient①||Basic retaining function②||Effective period③||Harmful substance|
|Fake ag-sap④||sodium polyacrylate||no (no releasing water)||≤ 1 week||acrylamide⑤|
|Low quality ag-sap||sodium polyacrylate||yes||1-3 months||acrylamide|
|Common quality ag-sap||potassium polyacrylate||yes||1-3 months||acrylamide|
|Common quality ag-sap||potassium polyacrylate||yes||≤ 1 month||none|
|Pack Rain-high qualities||potassium polyacrylate||yes||3-5 years||none|
① “main ingredient”, sodium polyacrylate will cause soil salinization (potassium polyacrylate won’t);
② “basic retaining function” means water retaining & releasing ability;
③ “effective period” means how long is the Ag-sap working in soil;
④ “fake Ag-sap” : profiteers sell fake Ag-sap cause the low price;
⑤ acrylamide: it’s a kind of cancerogenic substance.